Monday, July 13, 2009

wedding kompangs

let's just be sure that there won't be any bells around...kompangs however would do just nicely..



after being happily busy for the weekend and ignoring blog reading and my research, i finally took a glimpse at my dashboard today, reading past entries of my fellow friends ...



a dear friend aan wrote about wedding bells and such.. writting about yours truly, touching my heart in ways some of you can just imagine...



yes, it's been years, years since i have done the crazy dance (some of you who have never seen the 'real' me would be shocked), but she still remembers. she remembers the stories of my daddy dearest who up to this day still mesin rumput , does the gardening and the laundry with his shirt tucked in (I've noticed that the only time he doesn't tuck it in is when he's wearing baju batik). About the joke, i think he's forgotten about that. It turns out that my siblings are more you know 'open' about stuff than I am..so he's probably used to it. hahaha



aan was there when it all started between me and my sayang..some could say that's how it started. That summer when aan and the gang decided to pay a visit to Yuge, simultaneously throwing Ari and myself into the preparations for their arrival.



who would have guessed that 2++ years later that this is where we would all stand. I sometimes see myself floating quietly in calm waters while my friends speed by in motor boats, others swimming at speeds that would shame the world record holders. Chasing theirs dreams, in ways only they know how.



Everyone has a path to follow. That is now clear to me. Not everyone can do what others do and enjoy it. Everything I'm saying might be atarimae , but I didn't see it as thus when I was younger. I thought if you can do it, I can too. That might be true, but I now know my limitations, and my strong points. My parents say 'you're old enough to think on your own'. I'm trying my best to do that now.



I choose to marry at this point in my life. I have chosen to stay home for a year after I finish my degree while he finishes his masters. I have chosen to make the best out of that time.



People may disagree with this decision, saying I could do more with my life in that one year. I'll be behind my batchmates career wise. That's all I'm hearing nowadays. Career, career, career. Someone says that I'm just tired. Trying to run away with settling for mediocre jobs with no challenges, saying I'll get bored after a few months. Imyself was once scared that my brain would just rust up and once I do try to enter the working world I'd be just that .. a rusted tin-man. Well...every decision has it's risks...And I have chosen



It was different in high school..everyone was going through the same thing and you could compare. Nowadays, all I can do is watch, and lend an ear to my dear friends, whatever road you might choose, be it the road to higher learning in Malaysia,Japan, US, UK or anywhere else, be it jobs in Dubai, be it family life, super careers in new sciences and groud breaking research..ooen shiteimasu yo..zutto..even lumpy people are watching..dearest friends..



My only wish is that i do not fade..that I do not get caught up in my new life that I forget you dear friends.

1 comment:

dibdibadibah said...

nanka..sedey,da la taleh gi kenduri u,and yeahh it`s different in high skul kan,da besar da,jalan masing2,keputusan masing2,pape pon,i hope that now or later,we still hv each other ;)